Friday 2 December 2016

Black-headed Gull - White J5P9 (back in Belfast!)

Back in December 2013, I recorded a Norwegian colour-ringed Black-headed Gull at Dargan, Belfast Lough (see here).

It had orignally been ringed in Oslo in April 2011 before being recorded in Cumbria (August 2011), Stranraer (November 2013) and Belfast (December 2013).  It had subsequently been seen back in Norway during the breeding season in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

There had been no further sightings during the winter, until Gary photographed it last week. It was back at Dargan, where I had seen it three years ago.



Photos by Gary Platt

While this is a great result to get, it's frustrating for me as I regularly check the flock of gulls here and haven't managed to see it since my record in 2013! Must get back there soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment